Search This Blog

Instagram

Monday 2 July 2012

Are the guys getting lazy or the female getting busier ?

I did my youth service in the Niger-delta region of Nigeria and the general belief (I kind of noticed a bit of it) is that the women were the most industrious.
While the man idles on the porch, sipping a Vodka and Cognac.  Sorry let me rephrase that.
While the man idles under a tree in front yard, sipping correct apeteshi, the woman is seen on the way to the farm, on a boat fishing or on the way to the market etc.
I used to wonder how this is so and if such could happen where I come from.
Fast forward to 2012 and I can't help but notice a new trend in Lagos. I decided to do a small investigation and discovered that the women are now gradually venturing into what would have been regarded as male territory.
The prevalence of female keke (tricycle) riders around my area is epic.
Source: Web
I have also seen quite a few driving LAWMA lite waste trucks.
Source: Web 
In fact, I have boarded the popular danfo commercial buses severally that where driven by women from Obalende down to my area.
Source: Web 
Even in Edo State, it has become a common sight by commuters seeing female drivers behind the wheels of the State owned Edo Intra–City bus, otherwise known as the “COMRADE BUS”. The female bus drivers, 20 in number, were among the 59 that were trained for three months by the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC.
Source: Web
But on the flip side, we find more and more male hanging around idling at parks, bus stops, shepe (locally brewed Gin) joints etc.

So I ask, is it that the women are getting more adventurous and delving into previously uncharted territories the more?
Are the male just out to get quick cash that will require little effort or we just being plain lazy?

Your opinion counts... Let’s hear it!

Thanks as you read and share with others.

Kindly follow @naijabigdaddy on twitter

1 comment: