Search This Blog

Instagram

Wednesday 7 May 2014

3 years later, The tinted glass saga continues Part 2

Friday, May 2nd 2014, On this faithful day, i was arrested by the police for driving a vehicle that had rear tinted glasses despite the fact that they were factory fitted and i had also obtained a police permit at a fee close to #15,000.

Source: Web
When i got to the police station, i discovered that several cars had been arrested and the whole place was littered with minivans and SUV's. My keys were handed over to an officer who was being referred to as SO (I guess this means Station officer) and our conversation goes thus:

SO: What should i book him for?
Arresting Policeman: Tinted glass (As if tinted glass is an offense)
SO: Can i see your particulars? Do you have a permit for tinted glass? This is mandatory for all factory fitted tinted glass
Me: I Have, all my papers are complete, you can confirm from the documents handed over to you by the person that arrested me
SO: So why did they arrest you if you have the document? Are you sure it is not fake?
Me: It is not fake, i am as surprised as you are that i was arrested despite possessing the right paper.
SO: Hold on, make i go see oga (DPO)

He walks off to the the DPO and after a few minutes,he returned. During his absence, the other police officers sitted behind the counter told me not to worry since i had the correct papers, i would be released. So i waited for the return of the station officer. and when he came, he said:

SO: Go and make a copy of these documents for me so i can have a copy as evidence to show say i release you because your document dey complete
I promptly went to make photocopies of the documents and handed over a set to him. Then he asked me to locate my keys among the lot, handed over a my particulars to me and said you are free to go. I was surprised and impressed that i could go to the police station, return free without paying a single dime ........
That was until until the arresting officer walked in and saw that i was being released.

Arresting Policeman: Wetin dey happen here? SO! Why you dey release this man? No release anybody without our permission
SO: Oga say make i release am since he get the correct documents.
Arresting Policeman: LaiLai! No release anybody, i dey go see oga.

The DPO said i should be released, a nobody says NO! So much for rank and orderliness in the police force. Anyways, i waited till he came back from the DPO's office and announced

Arresting Policeman: Oga say make you no release ANYBODY.!!
Me: So what happens next? You can't just keep me here indefinitely without telling me what is going on
The arresting office walks out murmuring under his breath without replying me.
Anyways, to cut a very long story short, The Station officer said i should cool down and that he will try to locate the DPO who had gone out by that time. After they had kept me for close to 2 hours, the SO finally came back, beckoned me to his empty office and said.
SO: I don locate oga, he say make i release you. but wetin i you go come give me for all the wahala wey i don dey do since?

Aha! It was too good to be true that i would go scot free just like that. Before he asked, just because he attended to me in a proper manner and even went beyond his duties, i had planned to surprise him by giving him. Since he decided to jump the gun and request, i still gave him what i had planned in my mind.

On exiting the the police station, i discovered that my 4 tyres had been deflated and the vulcanizer beside the station inflated it at #200 per tyre. Another source of income for the police 50-50 is my guess since the normal fee charged by vulcanizers is #100.

*SOBS* I just came from alignment and balancing and dis people just deflated my wheels.

Festus Keyamo's views on the same issue:
 http://www.mikeangelonews.com/2013/04/festus-keyamo-throws-misile-to-inspector-general-of-police/

The government should come out with a position these kind of laws, inform the masses so that these officers will stop using the porous nature of the laws to defraud the citizenry!

No comments:

Post a Comment